Boost your career by doing what you love in Kuwait
If you are an experienced Dog Trainer.
We are looking for a dedicated and reliable Dog Trainers/Handlers to join our team. You must love working with pets and want to help dog owners improve how they communicate with their pets. Our ideal candidate is familiar with effective dog training techniques and has experience working with a variety of dog breeds. As a dog trainer, you need a lot of patience and a commitment to teaching dogs how to respond to their owner’s commands, break bad habits, and develop positive behaviors.
is the largest and oldest veterinary hospital
. Since opening in 2003, we have continued with efforts on improving our team, equipment, services, and facilities. It’s our goal to make sure the care of all pets is always up to standards, and offer easily accessible and professional advice and support for our clients at all times. Our services are comprehensive and aim to effectively treat any health and wellbeing issues that our customers are faced with.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consulting with clients to discuss behavioral concerns and training needs.
- Identifying additional behavioral concerns and communicating them to clients.
- Develop curriculum and study different techniques for enhancing pet conduct.
- Teaching dogs to obey basic commands using various training techniques that are best suited to each dog’s personality and attributes.
- Utilize positive reinforcement methods to teach dogs how to break negative habits and learn positive behaviors.
- Implementing appropriate training programs to address and resolve problem areas, including aggression, separation anxiety, hyperactivity, and biting.
- Teaching clients appropriate training methods to enforce and maintain behaviors and skills learned by their dogs during training sessions.
- Contacting clients to schedule training appointments, verify bookings, and inquire into overdue payments.
- Maintain open communication with the dog owners about their dog's progress.
- Document accurate details of your training regimen for each client.
- Ensuring that the training areas are clean and tidy dogs food and water throughout the day.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of professional training experience is highly preferred.
- Dog training certifications are preferred.
- Sound knowledge of dog training techniques as well as animal behavior and body language.
- Ability to work well under pressure and keep to a schedule throughout the day as you transition from case to case.
- Proven experience working as a dog trainer.
- Strong dog handling skills.
- A love for dogs.
- Patient and enthusiastic.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to react quickly and positively to feedback and constructive criticism.
- Written and verbal communication skills which will allow accurate record keeping and reinforce training.
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail.
Benefits & Contract Packages
- 13 days Public Holiday per year - these will either be granted off or paid official holiday overtime if required for duty.
- 30 days of annual vacation per year.
- Paid economy return trip Kuwait - the country of nationality - Kuwait, once every 2 years.
- 5 days per week.
- 2 days off per week.