Boost your career by doing what you love in Kuwait
If you are an experienced Groomer.
We are looking for an experienced Groomer to join our pet care team. Our ideal candidate is an animal lover who has some prior training & experience. You must be comfortable bathing dogs of various breeds and sizes, as well as cats. In addition to bathing, other grooming duties will include nail clipping and ear-cleaning services. We require that candidates for this position have the trimming and shearing skills necessary to fulfill client expectations. As a Groomer, you should have a passion for helping our clients' pets look their best.
is the largest and oldest veterinary hospital
. Since opening in 2003, we have continued with efforts on improving our team, equipment, services, and facilities. It’s our goal to make sure the care of all pets is always up to standards, and offer easily accessible and professional advice and support for our clients at all times. Our services are comprehensive and aim to effectively treat any health and wellbeing issues that our customers are faced with.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bathe and dry pets, including dogs and cats.
- Trim or shear animal coats according to owner specifications.
- Clip or file pet's nails as necessary.
- Dematting and detangling hair as required.
- Trimming pets’ nails, brushing their teeth, and cleaning their ears.
- Grooming and styling pets according to pet owners’ instructions or standard grooming styles.
- Identifying health issues in pets, such as ear infections, skin conditions, or tooth decay, and informing pet owners of these observations.
- Ensuring that all pets are safe during the grooming process.
- Daily grooming station cleanliness & upkeep.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of professional grooming experience is highly preferred.
- Prior grooming experience through an internship or apprenticeship is preferred.
- Hand shearing and scissoring skills.
- Comfort working with various breeds of dogs and cats.
- The ability to lift heavy pets and equipment.
- Endure standing and walking on hard floor surfaces for extended periods.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment.
- The ability to treat all animals with compassion.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- 13 days Public Holiday per year - these will either be granted off or paid official holiday overtime if required for duty.
- 30 days of annual vacation per year.
- Paid economy return trip Kuwait - the country of nationality - Kuwait, once every 2 years.
- 5 days per week.
- 2 days off per week.